Bugtraq mailing list archives

Re: In reply to comments about new policy

From: rick () msc cornell edu (rick () msc cornell edu)
Date: Thu, 1 Dec 1994 15:51:05 -0500 (EST)

Bela Lubkin writes:
I'm not trying to make excuses for SCO: 8LGM did tell us about these
bugs quite a while ago (though in inconsistent fashion).  We were
slacking; we'd had more than enough time to produce fixes.  We didn't
really start working on it until they said they were going to post the
advisories.  (That is, we'd checked fixes into future sources, but
hadn't gone back to create binaries that would be compatible with our
shipping products).  We started working in earnest on a set of fixes
when they told us they were going to post the advisories.  My complaint
is that after we told them this, they refused to delay the advisories
long enough for us to deliver those fixes.  (They have now been
delivered, in haste and poorly packaged).

cat . . . bag  . . . out

evidence . . .

--
|Rick Cochran                                                607-255-7223|
|Cornell Materials Science Center                    rick () msc cornell edu|