Bugtraq mailing list archives

Re: cat flames >/dev/null

From: steinber () SLINKY CS NYU EDU (Joseph Steinberg)
Date: Tue, 11 Oct 1994 10:20:10 -0400 (EDT)

On Tue, 11 Oct 1994, David Kovar wrote:

  When the FBI calls you in to have a chat, you may not think it very funny.

The FBI Can not call in someone for a chat if they live in Europe, Asia, etc.

  I spent the next two weeks sweating bullets, waiting for them to confiscate
my system, a system I depended on for my livlihood.

They cannot confiscate a system sitting in Finland.

The Feds are much more likely to grab first and ask questions later.

Not if the system is in Tehran ...

We've seen this time and time again, from computers to files, to
guns, to whatever.

Only for stuff in the USA...the Internet is not in the USA... only part
of it is... and most anonymous posts come from Europe... (and it will be
hard ot prove thatthe post really originated in the USA)...