Bugtraq mailing list archives

Re: udp packet storms

From: ccshag () everest cclabs missouri edu (Paul 'Shag' Walmsley)
Date: Mon, 31 Oct 1994 22:39:39 -0600 (CST)

On Tue, 1 Nov 1994, anthony baxter wrote:

Everything I can get my hands on here (Ultrix, SunOS, OSF/1, Irix 5, Solaris)
has this bug. Whee.

Besides, you get really funky results from ping:
3 packets transmitted, 52 packets received, -1633% packet loss

All of our Unix systems here respond to broadcast pings (IRIX, SunOS 4,
NeXTStep 3.2) ... but I believe that's by design, not by accident.

- Paul "Shag" Walmsley <ccshag () everest cclabs missouri edu>
  "The only difference between myself and a madman is that I am not mad."
       - Salvador Dali