Bugtraq mailing list archives

xcrowbar

From: dsg () blackbird mitre org (Dave Goldberg)
Date: Wed, 11 Jan 1995 13:36:00 -0500

I don't know what xcrowbar is, but I saw something similar to the
description given with a proxy - you turned it on when you had access
to the server and left it there.  Then, if/when the user ran xhost -
to turn off perms, including from the host the proxy runs on, the
already connected proxy like client isn't affected.  Then you use that
as a path to the server.  If I remember correctly, we did this with
the xroute program.  The demo was designed to show that it had
implications beyond use as a firewall proxy.

Dave Goldberg
Post: The Mitre Corporation MS B020 202 Burlington Rd. Bedford, MA 01730
Phone: 617-271-3887
Domain: dsg () mitre org  UUCP: {your neighborhood}!linus!mdf!dsg