Bugtraq mailing list archives

Re: Attach on DES paper???

From: wam () cs purdue edu (William McVey)
Date: Thu, 19 Jan 1995 12:59:04 -0500

Alexander Haiut wrote:
There was a thread some time back about a paper given at a major conference,
I think in summer of '93 about building a machine for $1M that could crack
DES in a few hours.

      Yes.. They say 3.5 hours average.. :) I found this paper as:
      ftp://gont.cs.purdue.edu/pub/doc/cryptography/des_key_search.ps.Z

              Enjoy!          --alex.

As a minor nit, you may want to use coast archive's cname
(coast.cs.purdue.edu) rather than the machine's real name
(gont.cs.purdue.edu).  If the COAST archive ever moves to a different
machine, the cname will (most likely) be changed.  The underlying
machine name may not be.

 -- William