Bugtraq mailing list archives

Re: Security Problem ftpd (includes wu.ftpd 2.4 and 2.4.2 beta 4)

From: scott () Disclosure COM (Scott Barman)
Date: Thu, 13 Jul 1995 10:47:23 -0400

On Wed, 12 Jul 1995, Dan Thorson wrote:

Am I correct in stating that this problem only occurs on SVR4 based unix's
[where /proc exists]?  Or would, say, SunOS 4.1.x be affected?

It seems to only apply to Linux.  The descriptions I've read do not
conform to Solaris 2 or any other commerical System V-based OS I've
seen (NCR, for example).

No, this problem does not affect SunOS 4.1.x.

scott barman
--
scott barman                  DISCLAIMER: I speak to anyone who will listen,
scott () disclosure com                      and I speak only for myself.