Bugtraq mailing list archives

Re: ng (fwd)

From: karl () bagpuss demon co uk (Karl Strickland)
Date: Tue, 23 May 1995 11:40:49 +0100 (BST)

From tal () psyber com Tue May 23 09:53:40 1995

Whats ng?

-Proff

Probably a refference to the protocol that will be replacing IP; IPng.
It should relieve the current address shortage because it supports 128 byte
addresses as opposed the current 32 byte under IP.(ng for next generation).

I'm concerned about this new standard.  Im about to buy a 386DX/33 computer,
and would like to know if it will be compatible with this new standard before
I part with my money!  The dealer I spoke to wasnt sure, and suggested that
I ask on bugtraq.

Mailed using ELM on FreeBSD               |                    Karl Strickland
PGP 2.3a Public Key Available.            | Internet: karl () bagpuss demon co uk