Bugtraq mailing list archives

pcnfsd

From: root () crimson cadvision com crimelab com (root)
Date: Mon, 19 Dec 1994 03:07:26 -0700

                  Introduction to Avalon Security Research

 Avalon Security Research is a non-for-profit network and host based
 security research group. ASR is composed of three members with deep
 interests and substantial experience with network and host security.
 ASR is involved in a number of security related research projects
 and will on a sporadic basis be releasing our information. This will
 be in either the form of preventitive security software or exploit code.
 ASR is without doubt a strong advocate of full disclosure. As such
 all exploit code released will be fully functional. We feel no need at this
 point to justify our actions with a diatribe of pro-full disclosure
 sentiment as we feel this is an already a well debated issue. All and any
 releases from ASR come without *ANY IMPLIED OR EXPLICIT WARRANTY AND NOR DO
 THE AUTHORS ASSUME ANY RESPONSIBILITY FOR USE OF OR MISUSE OF ANY ASR
 RELEASES*. At this date there has been no set standard format for releases,
 this will be developed as needed. Any queries or responses to ASR can be sent
 to mcpheea () cadvision com .

 ASR
 Inception February 7, 1994

 Members