Bugtraq mailing list archives

Re: rwhod buffer overflow

From: dholland () hcs harvard edu (David Holland)
Date: Wed, 21 Aug 1996 19:02:15 -0400

Through examining the source this appears to be a problem in current
OpenBSD, NetBSD, FreeBSD, and Linux distributions.

Yes - I only found the bug last week. I was waiting to post it until I
could track down an appropriate FreeBSD contact to get the fixes
applied. Ah well.

The fixed Linux version will be released in NetKit-B-0.08 tonight. The
NetKit-B release has been delayed by considerations over the
RESOLV_HOST_CONF problem. :(

I know the fix has been applied to OpenBSD, and it's at least been
sent to NetBSD...

--
   - David A. Holland          | Number of words in the English language that
     dholland () hcs harvard edu  | exist because of typos or misreadings: 381