Bugtraq mailing list archives

Re: Router programming,source routes and spoofed ICMP attacks.

From: juphoff () tarsier cv nrao edu (Jeff Uphoff)
Date: Fri, 21 Jun 1996 10:26:30 -0400

"CD" == Cyrus Durgin <cider () elwha evergreen edu> writes:

CD> On Thu, 20 Jun 1996, Alan Brown wrote:
I have the sourcecode to nuke.c and binaries of wnuke here but I'm not
particularly happy with the thought of handing them out for obvious
reasons, though they're probably readily available if one looks in the
"right" places.

There aren't many secrets when it comes to the availability of hacker
tools.

CD> for a list which is well-respected for its reputation as a full-disclosure
CD> list, i'm always disappointed to see posts like this; not only are they
CD> contrary to the concept of a full-disclosure list, but they are also
CD> almost wholly unproductive.  what better way to analyze, study, and
CD> finally develop protection against a security risk than to examine the
CD> source?

ftp://ftp.giga.or.at/pub/hacker/unix/nuke.c
(among other places)

--Up.