Bugtraq mailing list archives

Re: [linux-security] Things NOT to put in root's crontab

From: guenther () gac edu (Philip Guenther)
Date: Wed, 22 May 1996 23:16:53 -0500

Sean Vickery <S.Vickery () its gu edu au> writes:
Yes, the race condition in find can be eliminated, but your pseudocode
does not do it.

Doh!  I knew I was missing something.  What's silly is that I had done
this correctly (lstat + fstat, and dev/ino comparison) in a program I
wrote last year.  Oh well...

It would be nice if one could call fchdir(2) directly from perl, without
having to go through syscall().

Perl's chdir, chown, chmod, and chroot should all behave like its stat
unary operator, accepting either an expression for a filename, or a
filehandle (or nothing for some of them).  I submitted an RFE to the
perlbug mailing list regarding this earlier today, right before writing
my previous bugtraq note...

Philip Guenther