Bugtraq mailing list archives

Re: ALERT: Solaris 2.5.1 locks up on TCP connections in Pine 3.9x

From: harvell () iNet net (Brian Harvell)
Date: Wed, 20 Nov 1996 13:33:58 -0500

On Mon, 18 Nov 1996, Todd Vierling wrote:

I'd love to hear of other reports of this happening.  It's quite frustrating
to find that a product that has such intense corporate backing has none at
all when any outside product is in use (even when the outside product is
only triggering a bug in the supported product).  My report of this problem
was sent in as an "enhancement request," because an outside program was what
triggered the error and there was not 100% Sun Supported(tm) software in
the setup.

I have also seen this.  I didn't have to go through all of the trouble above
however.  I had gotten a corrupted .pinerc and apon composing a message the
system would completely hang. This was on a sun4m, I tried it on a sun4u and
it did not work.

Brian

Brian Harvell           harvell () iNet net        http://www.iNet.net/~harvell
echo '[q]sa[ln0=aln256%Pln256/snlbx]sb3135071790101768542287578439snlbxq'|dc