Bugtraq mailing list archives

l0pht crack info

From: owner-bugtraq () NETSPACE ORG (Mike Meissner)
Date: Sat, 12 Apr 1997 16:40:25 -0400

[if someone could please forward this to the NTBugtraq mailing list it
would be appreciated - I seem to have lost the address]

Just realised this so I figured we should let people know.

The CLI version of l0phtcrack reports
   bruter not implemented in this build

when executed with the -b flag.

This is not a true statement, the bruter is implemented in this build and
is functional. The error message is a left over from a previous build that
I forgot to get rid of in the code.

If you notice, after the error message it does not drop you back to a
command prompt, instead it seems to just sit there. This is the bruter
running through permutations.

Please ignore this error message as there is no validity to it.

We will correct this cosmetic error in an interim release in a day or so
(we'll try to roll the bruter into the GUI too and add multiple processor
support for the interim release).

my appologies for the bogus warning,

.mudge