Bugtraq mailing list archives

Re: (ASCEND) ** >= Ascend 5.0A SECURITY ALERT **

From: kevin () ASCEND COM (Kevin Smith)
Date: Wed, 26 Feb 1997 18:50:16 -0800

This issue has been assigned immediately to high-priority problem report for
tracking - engineering are currently working on a fix and formulating advise
for a short-term workaround (filters).

TR#1921 - Max4000 (ti) resets - FE1 - 5.0Ap1(telnetting to port 150)
SW Version: 5.0Ap1

o Hardware/Software
Max4000 running 5.0Ap1 (ti.m40)

o Problem description
Customer is telnetting to port 150 on Max4000.
He gets a login prompt and enters a valid user name/password.
He gets access to terminal server.
By entering some commanda, he can cause the Max to reset with an FE1.

From earlier:

FYI, port 150 is not undocumented. It is described in the 5.0a release
notes on page 59 of the Max/T1 manual and page 62 of the Max/E1 manual.

It was also introduced months ago in an incremental release. I'm sure our
support engineers are working on the bug you reported and will soon have a
fix.

Matt Holdrege  -  http://www.ascend.com  -  mholdrege () ascend com