Bugtraq mailing list archives

Communicator exploits

From: fernand.portela () IBM NET (Fernand Portela)
Date: Fri, 10 Apr 1998 14:06:08 +0200

issues in Netscape Communicator. Since a fixed release (4.05) is now
available to users, I think I can publish the exploits themselves.

If you received this mail in Communicator 4.04 or previous (NN2.x and
3.x are not vulnerable), simply click the links in the attached HTML
document for a demonstration of the bugs.

Fernand PORTELA                                               aka Nando
fernand.portela () ibm net                                nando () mygale org
                                           http://www.mygale.org/~nando
--------------C3265FC716C909831247B1CC

<head>
<script><!--
function load_page() {
  w = window.open( '', 'prefs' );
  w.origin = window.document.URL;
}
//--></script>
</head>
for a demonstration of the first exploit.
for a demonstration of the second exploit.

--------------C3265FC716C909831247B1CC--