Bugtraq mailing list archives

Re: YA Apache DoS attack

From: webfx () WEBFX CA (Scott Burke)
Date: Sat, 15 Aug 1998 23:05:18 -0300

Kovacs Andrei wrote:

On Fri, 7 Aug 1998, Dag-Erling Coidan [ISO-8859-1] Smørgrav wrote:

        Today when I was looking at the Apache 1.3.1 help files i've
found a
parameter that might stop this: "RLimitMem". I guess this should make
Apache
use only the amount of memory that you want to.

        Andy

   That will limit the amount of memory consumed by Apache itself, which
will
save your whole system from being DoS'd, but the server itself will
still be
able to be DoS'd. That merely compartmentalizes the damage :)

--
Scott Burke                         | iTRAC/WebFX Consulting
iTRAC (http://itrac.bourg.net/)     | 102 Bromley Rd.