Bugtraq mailing list archives

Re: News DoS using sendsys

From: charlesw () IEA COM (Charlesw)
Date: Thu, 27 Aug 1998 10:34:24 -0700

   I know the sendsys bug also effects Borderware out of the box.

On Thu, 27 Aug 1998, Andrew V. Kovalev wrote:

Russ Allbery wrote:

Our newsserver (INN) all of a sudden gets several 100 'sendsys' requests
per day. The addresses of the people requesting the sendsys seem to be

Just today, the same folks switched to using newgroups.  Unfortunately,

Right now I'm receiving "version"... Machine running INN has a hundred of
/bin/sh's running... Aaarghh...

                                avk

--
uux "remotemachine!lynx -source http://www.microsoft.com/";
  Brave new world...

             Charles Weidner Verio Northwest Spokane Branch.
                   When you build it, they will connect!
                         charlesw () nw verio net
*The box said "Windows 95, Windows NT4.0 or better".. so I installed Linux*