Bugtraq mailing list archives

Re: New perl module Net::RawIP

From: route () RESENTMENT INFONEXUS COM (route () RESENTMENT INFONEXUS COM)
Date: Tue, 22 Dec 1998 15:41:32 -0800

[Sergey V. Kolychev wrote]

|  I'm just another perl coder ;). I'm writing module which
|  can be used for easy manipulating raw ip packets from perl.
|  This module have optional feature for manipulating ethernet
|  headers.

    Well, if we're plugging RAW IP packet assembly code, then here's my
    offering.  http://www.infonexus.com/~daemon9/Projects/Libnet

    Libnet generic readme:

    Libnet is an API to help with the construction and handling of network
    packets.  It provides a portable framework for low-level network
    packet writing and handling (use libnet in conjunction with libpcap and
    you can write some really cool stuff).  Libnet includes packet creation
    at the IP layer and at the link layer as well as a host of supplementary
    and complementary functionality.  Still in it's infancy however, the
    library is evolving quite a bit.  It is mainly useful for quick and simple
    packet assembly and related applications (Traceroute and ping were easily
    rewritten using libnet).  See the manpage and sample test code for more
    detailed information.

--
I live a world of paradox... My willingness to destroy is your chance for
improvement, my hate is your faith -- my failure is your victory, a victory