Bugtraq mailing list archives

Re: FW: Temporary fix for MSIE4.01 bug

From: M.Johnson () ERIS DERA GOV UK (Martin Johnson)
Date: Fri, 16 Jan 1998 10:51:58 -0000

On dear.  Having turned "yes" to "no", if you now run up Microsoft
Visual C++ V5.0 (SP2 in my case) you'll see the "no" change back to a
"yes".

REGEDT32 can be used on NT to make the Internet Explorer key
read-only.  This stops the "no" changing back to "yes".  Predictably,
it also stops the online documentation working in Visual C++.  It
might also cause problems in IE since IE will lack the permission to
change its registry data.

- martin.