Bugtraq mailing list archives

Re: Sun libnsl lameness

From: dossy () PANOPTIC COM (Allanah Myles)
Date: Mon, 6 Jul 1998 22:00:25 -0400

On 1998.07.01, George Clooney <madatsun () HOTMAIL COM> wrote:
               These vulnerabilities are present in Sun Microsystem's
               Solaris 2.2, 2.3, 2.4 and 2.5.1.

They fail to mention 2.6 - is this because this announcement was
pre-2.6, or is it fixed in 2.6?

If it exists in 2.6, I'm going to scream.

This is another perfect example of why Sun should go back into the
hardware design and architecture business, and get OUT of the
OS/software business.  Leave software design to real software
designers.

-Dossy

--
    Now I'm who I want to be, where I want to be, doing what I've always said I
    would and yet I feel I haven't won at all...      (Aug 9, 95: Goodbye, JG.)