Bugtraq mailing list archives

Re: Full Armor.... Fool Proof etc... bugs

From: mrwizard () PTDPROLOG NET (Joseph Gooch)
Date: Sat, 13 Jun 1998 23:24:09 -0400

On Thu, 11 Jun 1998, chameleon wrote:
I have seen a few post about the "Full Armor hacks" and thought I would drop
some info.

There are various programs that make a desktop "secure".  Full Armor and
Fool Proof are two of them. They both suffer from the same problems.

Below is basically how to bypass most "secure" desktop programs:
< Insert rant about task manager>

We use Fortres 101, not the best solution by far ;)  This problem is very
easily remedied by renaming or deleting taskman.exe.  We decided on
taskmen.exe, you may make your choice, it doesn't really matter.