Bugtraq mailing list archives

Major Explorer 4 java security hole!

From: aleph1 () DFW NET (Aleph One)
Date: Mon, 9 Nov 1998 10:57:55 -0600

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Sun, 08 Nov 1998 05:04:27 +0100
From: Fabio Ciucci <fabioc () anfiteatro it>
To: Russ.Cooper () rc on ca
Subject: [NTSEC] Major Explorer 4 java security hole!

TO UNSUBSCRIBE: email "unsubscribe ntsecurity" to majordomo () iss net
Contact ntsecurity-owner () iss net for help with any problems!

I discovered a Major Explorer 4 security hole!

From: "DirectDraw bug causes crashes", CNET News.com:

"This is a denial-of-service problem in that it prevents you from using the
system," said Microsoft product manager for platform marketing Joe Herman.
"[Ciucci's] applet is hanging the system, and it's a bug that we need to
correct.", Herman did not know when Microsoft would issue a patch.

Here is the info page with a sample:

http://www.anfyjava.com/iebug/

Please, publish this and write articles about it.

Fabio Ciucci

* Fabio Ciucci, artist & Java programmer
* http://www.anfyjava.com