Bugtraq mailing list archives

Re: Internet Wide DOS Attack using IRC

From: cluster () VIDEOTRON CA (Samuel Cossette)
Date: Sat, 3 Oct 1998 00:27:35 -0400

-----Original Message-----
From: Kameron Gasso <root () lockdown net>
To: Samuel Cossette <cluster () VIDEOTRON CA>
Cc: BUGTRAQ () netspace org <BUGTRAQ () netspace org>
Date: 3 octobre, 1998 00:17
Subject: Re: Internet Wide DOS Attack using IRC

Very interesting.  I figured this would be on a Warez bot since many Warez

[...]

The user will probably have to kill the process before removing the file,
or else they will get the message "This file is in use by Windows".

Yes he must kill the OCE in the task bar (ctrl-alt-del) but the "process" it
not hiden (OCE) Just select OCE and click on END TASK, and delete the file
in the system dir.

I don't have a URL for a Windows95 process viewer since I don't use
Windows95.  I'm sure several users would appreciate a post from anyone who
might have one.

It's too bad this has to happen, but what can we do...

- Kameron Gasso
 krg () lockdown net

Samuel Cossette