Bugtraq mailing list archives

slocate v1.4

From: klindsay () MKINTRAWEB COM (klindsay)
Date: Sat, 24 Oct 1998 03:38:15 -0700

Secure Locate v1.4 has been released with a couple of fixes and a few more
options.

Some of the major additions were Globbing support (ie *,?,[^]), a bug fix
which allowed files to be shown in unreadable directories, and made it
backward compatible with GNU locate 1.4.

FTP:    ftp://mkintraweb.com/pub/linux/slocate/
MIRROR: ftp://ftp.fu-berlin.de/pub/unix/security/slocate/

v1.3 was compiled on:

HP-UX (ver?)
AIX 4.1.5.0
SUN OS 5.6
FreeBSD

v1.4 might not as the new features might not be as portable. Your results
if anyone tries it on these platforms or others would muchly be
appreciated.

Thank you to all with your suggestions, I am still working on a few of
them and will have them implemented in v1.5.

Cheers, (c:

 | \ | | \ | | Kevin Lindsay                  | Powered By Linux!
 |  \| |  \| | NetNation Communications Inc.  | Web Hosting Services
 | |\  | |\  | http://www.netnation.com/      | Linux Development
 |_| \_|_| \_| klindsay () mkintraweb com        | System Administration