Bugtraq mailing list archives

RedHat's RealServer.

From: jaras () EXIT3 COM (Jason Aras)
Date: Fri, 18 Sep 1998 17:03:47 -0400

I have not seen this posted anywhere, but if I am wrong just drop it.

On a default RedHat Install that includes the Real Server from progressive
networks, there is a default password in the config file.  This isnt a
problem _IF_ you know what your looking for.  If you are not an
experienced sysadmin you will most likely not be looking for something
like this.  All a person can do is upload files and get control over the
real server (such as monitor it and watch who is connected)  I don't know
of this can lead to any more destruction, though the server is running as
root.

Jason Aras