Bugtraq mailing list archives

Re: NMRC Advisory - Default NDS Rights

From: lists () LINA INKA DE (Bernd Eckenfels)
Date: Sun, 20 Sep 1998 04:36:10 +0200

On Sat, Sep 19, 1998 at 04:47:30PM -0400, costello, don wrote:
fact, Novell has said that it is widely known that, if the presence if CX or
NLIST poses some paranoia in your environment, you should delete these
utilities from SYS:LOGIN

What does this help? Are those tools "personalized" to the NDS System they
accessing? I mean, if I donthave the "NLIST" command, I will simply copy it
from Disk to my Workstation. This is like deleting "ps" from a unix system
to avoid users seeing the environment of other processes. This doesnt help
anything, or?

Greetings
Bernd
--
  (OO)      -- Bernd_Eckenfels () Wendelinusstrasse39 76646Bruchsal de --
  o--o     *plush*  2048/93600EFD  eckes@irc  +497257930613  BE5-RIPE