Bugtraq mailing list archives

Go!Zilla, possible trojan

From: gossi () EIDOSNET CO UK (GossiTheDog)
Date: Tue, 20 Apr 1999 21:35:20 GMT

I'm a little concerned about a program called Go!Zilla (a Windows 9x
Internet download manager) - basically upon detecting network
connections it appears to send about 2-4k of data to a remote machine
on port 1975.

There appears to be no reference to this made in the documentation,
and I'm a little concerned about what it is actually sending to the
server (and also what is being logged at the server end).

Anybody want to pull Go!Zilla apart or run a network sniffer and see
what it's doing?

I might just be jumping to conclusions, but with what happened with
ProMail I don't think we can afford to have another trojan available
on all the big download sites...

Regards,

[Name]      GossiTheDog
[Email]     gossi () eidosnet co uk