Bugtraq mailing list archives

Re: ipop3d (x2) / pine (x2) / Linux kernel (x2) / Midnight

From: miguel () NUCLECU UNAM MX (Miguel de Icaza)
Date: Mon, 5 Apr 1999 13:00:14 -0500

7. Midnight Commander 4.x bugs (x2)

Still not fixed. Temporary files mc are created in insecure way, allowing
typical races. Also, entering directories containing $(...) somewhere
might result in execution of embeeded code.

4.x barely tells me anything.  Code in the 4.x can mean anything in
the last 18 months.  P

There are two major code versions:

      4.1.xx: old, stable
      4.5.xx: new, stable

I do not know of any problems in 4.5.xx.  The code does take
appropiate steps to work around those problems.

Described days ago, dunno why it hasn't been patched.

you might have described that to your shrink, or perhaps a frog
sitting on a rock, but I never saw any detailed bug reports about
this.

miguel.