Bugtraq mailing list archives

Re: XDM Insecurity revisited

From: tom () RADAR TU-GRAZ AC AT (Thomas Leitner)
Date: Thu, 19 Aug 1999 10:29:16 +0200

On Wed, 18 Aug 1999, Jochen Bauer wrote:

However, this warning seemed to have little effect as (at least)
Digital Unix 4.0E, SuSE Linux 6.1 and Red Hat Linux 6.0 are still

Digital Unix 4.0x with C2 security enabled, does not have this problem.
You get a "Cannot obtain database information on this terminal" message
box when trying to login from an X server which is not authorized in
the /etc/auth/system/ttys database.

Tom

--
T o m   L e i t n e r                       Dept. of Communications
                                            Graz University of Technology,