Bugtraq mailing list archives

Re: [RHSA-1999:028-01] Buffer overflow in libtermcap tgetent()

From: okir () MONAD SWB DE (Olaf Kirch)
Date: Thu, 19 Aug 1999 21:42:08 +0200

On Sun, Jul 04, 1999 at 03:19:38AM +0200, Michal Zalewski wrote:
Oh, haven't said, for clearance... I'm talking about terminfo support and
tgetent() function implemented in libncurses, which is buggy as well,
while ncurses allows '../' tricks.

Do you have any more information about this problem? As far as I can remember,
ncurses doesn't do much parsing with a terminfo file, so there's little
harm that can be done here. Or do you have a demonstrable exploit?

Olaf

--
Olaf Kirch         |  --- o --- Nous sommes du soleil we love when we play
okir () monad swb de  |    / | \   sol.dhoop.naytheet.ah kin.ir.samse.qurax