Bugtraq mailing list archives

Re: Analysis of Tribe Flood Network

From: stefan () NS ASIT RO (Stefan Laudat)
Date: Fri, 10 Dec 1999 11:17:17 +0200

I just wanted to tell you that 'trinoo' has been around for
more than half a year, originally developed by 'takeover / war'
groups on IRC to launch attacks against users and IRC servers.
Since trinoo was never published, I wrote TFN and made it publicly
available at some security sites, in hope to make some people aware
of the impact of 'distributed DoS'..

Ahem, there was a public mIRC script called Tribe (two years ago) downloadable
from the whole internet that used the described 'flood net' command set. I used it personally
but I was never aware of that 'feature'. So this TFN is even older. Keep analyzing
your servers, you might been 0wned from a long time >8-)

--

Stefan Laudat
Data Networks Analyst

HELP!!!! I'm being held prisoner in /usr/games/lib!