Bugtraq mailing list archives

Re: HP Secure Web Console

From: osiris () GNSS COM (GNSS Research Division)
Date: Fri, 3 Dec 1999 11:30:55 +0000

#include <stdio.h>
#include <ctype.h>

void main() {
   int user_input;
   while((user_input=getchar())) {

           if (islower(user_input))
            user_input = 'a' + (user_input - 'a' + 18) % 26;
          if (isupper(user_input))
            user_input = 'A' + (user_input - 'A' + 18) % 26;

         /* convert to string and put a reverse string function here */
         putchar(user_input);
 }

Keith Rice wrote:

Alec Kosky wrote:

On 01-Dec-99 Jon Mitchell wrote:
However we discovered that
it does not appear to be any sort of MD5 encryption scheme (although I'm
not an encryption expert), but in actuality what we've deemed Secret
Decoder Ring encryption.  The letters are one to one with another letter,
and even worse, in order as well.

Here's an example of two sets of letters:

You type:  abcd
Transmits: VUTS

You type:  ABCD
Transmits: vuts

ROT13 encoding - like the caesar cipher (it may be the caesar cipher?). Take
your character and rotate 13 characters.

--Alec--

It's vaguely similar to the ROT13 encoding scheme but it's not ROT13. If it
were, then "abcd" would be transmitted as "nopq".

It looks like it reverses the alphabet and then rotate the resulting alphabet
until it starts with the character "v". It then maps the letters to its
corresponding character and changes the case.

I wonder how it handles numeric characters and punctuation...

Later,
Keith

P.S. Don't forget to drink your Ovaltine!

--
William Randolph Royere III
Chief Science Officer, GNSS

<HR NOSHADE>
<UL>
<LI>application/x-pkcs7-signature attachment: S/MIME Cryptographic Signature
</UL>