Bugtraq mailing list archives

Re: abuse of nickserv

From: studno1 () INTELLEX COM (StudNo1)
Date: Thu, 25 Mar 1999 21:07:08 -0600

I am a DALnet Csop. Let me clarify something. No one should ever use /msg to
services on dalnet.  DALnet has had built into the ircd for about a year now
the command /nickserv /chanserv and /memoserv to replace the need for /msg.
If these are used as has been advised for along time there will be no
problems at all with this.  Just a FYI.