Bugtraq mailing list archives

Re: Windows NT Service Pack 5 Released

From: guy () crossflight co uk (Guy Dawson)
Date: Fri, 7 May 1999 14:01:15 +0100

Chad Price wrote:

You forgot to mention that you MUST be running IE and also that the SP5 web
pages induce _long_ (30 seconds +) apparent lockups when downloading all
the pages (and before displaying their contents for you to actual read)
with Netscape.

Refering to the 40-bit encryption pack...

The 'upgrade only the bit's I've installed on this PC' option does
indeed require that you be running IE - V3.02 or later. The download
the entire patch does not. As I type, I'm downloading the 35MB full
service pack using Netscape Communicator V4.51

Guy
Guy Dawson                    I.T. Manager              Crossflight Ltd
guy () crossflight co uk         0973  797819                 01753 776104