Bugtraq mailing list archives

WIn98 port security query

From: jra () BAYLINK COM (Jay R. Ashworth)
Date: Fri, 1 Oct 1999 15:20:07 -0400

I've been finding strange ports open lately on one of my Win98 boxen.
I've found a couple of netstat-for-Windows programs, but, like the Unix
version, neither of them seem to know how to find out _which process_
has the socket bound.

Is this impossible?

Is it merely too difficult to bother with?

Is there an lsof(1) for Windows?

Is this the wrong mailing list on which to ask this question?  ;-)

Turn the record over, and find out.  No, seriously: replies (and
mee-too's:-) direct; I'll summarize if there's interest.

Cheers,
-- jra

--
Jay R. Ashworth                                                jra () baylink com
Member of the Technical Staff     Buy copies of The New Hackers Dictionary.