Bugtraq mailing list archives

Re: Hotmail security vulnerability

From: secure () MICROSOFT COM (Microsoft Product Security Response Team)
Date: Thu, 21 Oct 1999 20:14:26 -0700

Wanted to let you know that Microsoft is investigating this issue, and
provide our current status.  We have verified that there is a security issue
associated with the Microsoft Passport sign-out service involving customers
using Netscape 4.0 and higher when using the optional setting for Advanced
Security to restrict cookies.  We have verified that this issue does not
affect customers of the Passport wallet service.

Microsoft is working diligently to address this issue and provide our
customers with a solution as soon as possible.  We take security seriously,
and are committed to ensuring that all our customers have an easy and safe
online experience.

Secure () microsoft com