Bugtraq mailing list archives

Re: IBM AIX Packet Filter module

From: troy () AUSTIN IBM COM (Troy A. Bollinger)
Date: Tue, 26 Oct 1999 13:47:40 -0500

Quoting Brumbles (brummie () SECURE I1 NET):

I have tried unsuccessfully to get any response from IBM on the following,
apparently unless you have a support contract you cant report bugs..
(well.. you can.. "Program Services", but thats a link to /dev/null
apparently.)

You can always send new AIX vulnerabilities to the
security-alert () austin ibm com mail address.

AixLevel AIX4.3.2
Packet Filtering Module, in particular the command genfilt does not allow
the addition of filters with port numbers greater than 32767

I've opened defect 289790 to address this.  It appears to be caused by
using a "short" instead of an "unsigned short" for the port number.

--
Troy Bollinger                            troy () austin ibm com
AIX Security Development        security-alert () austin ibm com