Bugtraq mailing list archives

Re: Weakness In "The Matrix" Screensaver For Windows

From: quik () GALAGA MOVINGPICTURES SE (Charles quik Skoglund)
Date: Tue, 5 Oct 1999 19:56:40 +0100

First of all, let´s get one thing clear, this problem has been known for about 2 or 3 months by now, but I guess no one
actually cared.

Secondly, If you are runnig this screensaver on a NT-Server, your´e just plain stupid, because a server is still a
server, and with microdick NT installed it will definitly crash or start leaking memory...

Third ; The password function works on WinNT 4.0 if it´s checked.
And if it isn´t checked, most often on workplaces with "improved" security, you have NT installed and mostly people
have the brain to lock their workstations (don´t want your bosses to see ya surf pron).

Sorry for the interrupt, but I gotta get back to sleep at work,..
"%¤&"¤%/ hate working nights,..

Cheers
Charles Skoglund
MP @ FSB.iT

"Min lilla jymdblomma, min stella, puss på dig"

quik -/divine/pinnacle/dvniso/dvnmp3/dvnvcd/trb/trbmp3/-
http://www.divinegods.com
http://www.spel-zonen.com