Bugtraq mailing list archives

Re: IMAIL (Ipswitch) DoS with Eudora (Qualcomm)

From: anthony () SANTEN NET (Anthony Santen)
Date: Fri, 7 Apr 2000 02:23:13 -0400

Jeff,
Thank you.

I was aware of the Qualcomm fix (which I should therefore have included in
my original submission) however.

The main issue, in this case, is not the fact that there seems to be a
conflict during authentication.

The main issue is that anyone can close down an IMAIL server AT WILL.

IMAIL must protect itself from this at a SERVER level.

best regards
Anthony Santen