Bugtraq mailing list archives

Re: A funny way to DOS pcANYWHERE8.0 and 9.0

From: chrismcdaniel () YAHOO COM (Chris McDaniel)
Date: Mon, 10 Apr 2000 12:05:13 -0700

I also found on PCAnywhere version 8.0, if you accidently terminate a session (e.g.
unplug your network cable from your PC, get dropped from a dialup network
connection, etc.) that you hang up web, ftp, telnet, indexing, PCAnywhere and
several other services on the host PC.  The easiest way to recover is to reboot the
host PC.

-Chris

--- Frankie Zie <root () CNNS NET> wrote:
i found a funny thing about pcANYWHERE.
when we use pcANYWHERE remote control client to connect the
host running pcANYWHERE, at first the statu bar appears
"pcANYWHERE connecting..." ,then the login window will
appear;
but if we press "Cancel" before the login window appears,
the pcANYWHERE service will be crashed. We can't connect
the host via pcANYWHERE client any longer.

if host running pcANYWHERE 9.0, We can restore the service
by the following steps:
telnet host 5631
appers:
}
Please press <Enter>...

then press Enter
We can connect pcANYWHERE now :)

if the host running pcANYWHERE 8.0, you must stop the
pcANYWHERE service and restart it:
net stop awhost32
net start awhost32

http://www.cnns.net