Bugtraq mailing list archives

Re: PRNGs (was Re: machine independent protection from stack-smashingattack)

From: Andrea Glorioso <sama () AGLORIOSO COM>
Date: Sat, 19 Aug 2000 13:11:17 +0200

On Fri, Aug 18, 2000 at 02:25:23PM -0700, Crispin Cowan wrote:
John Viega wrote:
Porting to many non-Linux x86 platforms should be trivial:  StackGuard
depends on:

   * gcc
   * x86
   * ELF

so it should work out of the box on *BSD.  I don't have any BSD
machines, so I don't claim that it works.  However, I have had people
tell me that they've used it on BSD platforms, but again, I never got
the code back.

I confirm that StackGuard works on FreeBSD 4.0 and 4.1. I've had some
problem on producing static binaries, but I must admit I was in a hurry
and I didn't thoroughly read the documentation.

Bye,
--
Andrea Glorioso         sama(at)aglorioso(dot)com
                        Padua, Italy