Bugtraq mailing list archives

Anybody have a locale exploit for IRIX 6.5?

From: Atro Tossavainen <atossava () CC HELSINKI FI>
Date: Thu, 7 Dec 2000 16:59:07 +0200

Yesterday, I was told by our SGI rep that IRIX 6.5.10 fixes the locale
bug¹.

Today, the rep came back to me to say that he'd been through the list of
bugs that .10 fixes, and couldn't find anything to do with the locale
issue, and that the SGI employee who'd assured him of the bug having
been fixed in .10 had merely checked that the case had been closed (in
general), not whether there was an actual fix for this particular bug.

I'd appreciate it if anybody with access to IRIX 6.5.10 and an exploit
for the problem could try it out and post results. I have plenty of the
former, but none of the latter, and so can't try it out myself, and I'm
not very well versed in the art of writing exploits, or even modifying
existing ones (read: I'm hopeless :). I'd just like to know for a fact
whether the issue is still open.

¹ <URL:http://www.securityfocus.com/bid/1634>

--
Atro Tossavainen (Mr.)               / The Institute of Biotechnology at
Systems Analyst, Techno-Amish &     / the University of Helsinki, Finland,