Bugtraq mailing list archives

Re: Oracle WebDb engine brain-damagse

From: Michal Zalewski <lcamtuf () DIONE IDS PL>
Date: Fri, 22 Dec 2000 02:10:44 +0100

On Wed, 20 Dec 2000, McAllister, Andrew wrote:

This is not to say that you can't issue some dangerous commands as you
suggest, just that you won't see any data as a result. Also, I believe
that only data manipulation commands will work in this context e.g.
delete, update, insert. I don't believe definition commands will work,
e.g. drop, create. Again I don't have WebDB, so I cannot verify.

I believe you can do at least one of these possibilities:

  from some private table to publicly available tables used eg. for
  direct contents rendering,

- call WebDB output procedures to produce output (you can use full
  PL/SQL language syntax, including loops, declarations etc).

I don't know this product well enough to say the above query will
work, but I know of a similar, non-oracle, product that behaves
exactly as Michal Zalewski describes. That product vendor was notified
moments ago of Michal Zalewski's discovery /.../

Any hints?:)

--
Michal Zalewski [lcamtuf () tpi pl] [tp.internet/security]
[http://lcamtuf.na.export.pl] <=--=> bash$ :(){ :|:&};: