Bugtraq mailing list archives

Re: BS Scripts Vulnerabilities

From: Raptor <raptor () ANTIFORK ORG>
Date: Fri, 22 Dec 2000 13:15:39 +0100

I believe it's important to point out that just filtering out the ';' char
doesn't fix the problem. Think about using '&' or '&&' instead of it...
Some time ago i had an experience with a vendor i informed of a CGI bug:
they fixed the ';' problem in a lame way, so it was still possible to use
other chars to execute arbitrary commands.

I really think people should learn regex before coding a CGI script and
use them in a way that what is not explicitly accepted is denied (like on
good firewalls policies). Much more safer:)

:raptor