Bugtraq mailing list archives

Re: Debian (frozen): Perms on /usr/lib/libguile.so.6.0.0

From: torsten () DEBIAN ORG (Torsten Landschoff)
Date: Tue, 8 Feb 2000 10:17:01 +0100

Hi Jamie, *

On Sat, Feb 05, 2000 at 10:00:24PM -0400, Jamie Fifield wrote:
wraith:~$ ls -l /usr/lib/libguile.so.6.0.0
-rwxrwxrwx  1 root   root    469196 Nov 20 17:55 /usr/lib/libguile.so.6.0.0

First reported some 57 days ago by Ethan Benson (bug ID #52415) and still
hasn't been fixed in the distribution.  Frozen-Potato testers out there should
be aware and chmod the file to 644.  This file reportedly occurs on a fresh
potato install, and occured on my slink->potato upgraded install.

Yep, this bug has lasted way too long. I sent a fix to the maintainer who
answered:

From: Craig Brozefsky <craig () red-bean com>
Date: 02 Feb 2000 20:39:58 -0800

Just uploaded a version of the package with this fix.  Will close the
bug out when it's incorporated into the archive.  Wanted to give you a
hedz up.

Now that I read about this problem again I looked on our master server for
the fixed package and did not find it. Craig: What happened to your upload?

Thanks

    Torsten

--
Torsten Landschoff           Bluehorn@IRC               <torsten () debian org>
           Debian Developer and Quality Assurance Committee Member