Bugtraq mailing list archives

Re: Novell BorderManager 3.5 Remote Slow Death

From: ronvdaal () SYNTONIC NET (Ron van Daal)
Date: Wed, 9 Feb 2000 13:53:50 +0100

Hello,

I experienced the same problem with several servers running NetWare 5.0
sp4 and BorderManager 3.0 (Enterprise Edition). I discovered this bug
a few months ago when doing a NMAP scan. When opening a telnet session
to TCP port 2000 and hitting enter, the NetWare server gives the same
Short Term MAlloc error you describe, with the difference that it starts
with a few million attempts to get more memory.

--
Ron van Daal          | Syntonic Internet | tel. +31(0)46-4230738
ronvdaal () syntonic net | www.syntonic.net  | fax. +31(0)46-4230739