Bugtraq mailing list archives

Re: IIS still revealing paths for web directories

From: vanja () RELAYGROUP COM (Vanja Hrustic)
Date: Sat, 15 Jan 2000 16:40:58 +0700

Eric.Stevens () aventis com wrote:

it would seem not to work on IIS4, SP6.  I get http 500 - Internal Server
Error.

Right.

I have just applied SP6a to the IIS 4 server (where I have reproduced
this first). The problem still exists. Only SP3/SP5/SP6a  (in that
order) have been applied - no hotfixes at all.

Probably some of the hotfixes have solved this problem, but that has not
been included in SP6a. I give up, since I don't know how to disable this
'feature', and don't have time to play with it either. I'd be happy if
someone from Microsoft would give us a clue (the problem still exists on
their site, so...)

Thanks.

--

Vanja Hrustic
SAFER Editor

SAFER - free monthly security newsletter