Bugtraq mailing list archives

Re: Security Issues with HIGHSPEEDWEB.NET leased servers

From: bmueller () CREOTECH COM (Brian Mueller)
Date: Thu, 20 Jan 2000 20:02:51 -0500

This is a follow-up to my origional message.

<-- begin cut here -->
Elias - Please post this message to BugTraq, I have been asked by
highspeedweb to make a public appology and further explain my intentions.
The origional message came off sounding like a complaint it seems, and I
have no problems appologizing if I stepped on anyones toes as it was not my
intention to do so.
<-- end cut here -->

Public Appology

I would like to point out that it was not my intention at any time to
humiliate, or publicly harm highspeedweb in any way.  I use their services
and if they weren't good in general I would not continue to do so.  I have
suggested many of my clients to use highspeedweb for their
dedicated/colocated server solutions and I would not have done so if the
service was bad.

It has also come to my attention that someone other than highspeedweb may
have removed the deny all:all line from the hosts.deny file.  That being the
case their configuration was secure when they released its administration to
myself.

Thank you,

Brian Mueller

Brian Mueller